Truck Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, California
The truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth in Chula Vista, California can help you and your family if you have been hurt in a truck accident. Truck crashes can be devastating and can impact your life, your health, and your finances. Victims of truck crashes often suffer serious injuries because of the sheer size of these vehicles. Furthermore, truck accident claims can sometimes be more complicated than passenger vehicle claims because truck crashes may involve more than just the driver of the truck. Truck companies and their insurers may also have a responsibility for the accident, in addition to the driver. According to Business Insider, the truck industry is a $700 billion dollar a year business. Given the revenues that the truck industry brings in, it is important that it take safety seriously. Unfortunately, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, every year over 4,000 people are killed in truck accidents and many more are injured. If we saw the same statistics in other industries, for example, the airline industry, there would be a public outcry. However, people have become largely desensitized to the risk of traveling on our nation’s highways.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck accident, the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth is a truck accident law firm in Chula Vista, California that works with victims and their families to help them seek justice in the aftermath of a crash. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a truck accident claim under the law, and these claims can sometimes be complex. The truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth in Chula Vista, California only get paid if you win, and we can offer an initial consultation during which we can listen to your story at no charge and determine the next steps. We can provide you and your family an honest assessment of your claim. Reach out to us today.
How a Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Chula Vista, California Can Help You
If you have been in a truck accident, it is possible that the truck company or their insurers may be trying to reach a settlement with you. But how do you know if the settlement will cover the full cost of your medical bills? When it comes to a personal injury settlement, you may have the right to seek damages for future medical bills connected to your injury as well as collect damages for future lost wages. You may also have the right to seek damages for pain and suffering losses. Many of these losses won’t always be reflected in medical or rehabilitation bills following your accident. A truck accident lawyer can review the details of your case, and review your damages to provide you with a fair estimate of the value of your claim. Here are some other ways we can help:
- Negotiate with truck companies and insurers to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. We can review your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses, and help you collect these damages from insurance companies or the truck company.
- Identify responsible parties. Truck companies, truck drivers, shippers, and even maintenance companies may all have a role to play in negligence following a truck accident. This is one of the many ways truck accident claims differ from passenger vehicle claims, where often only the other driver may be at fault. The truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth in Chula Vista, California may be able to help you with identifying responsible parties.
- Identify the cause of your truck accident. Truck crashes can happen for many reasons. Truck drivers are required to abide by hours-of-service laws, maintain records, hire drivers with proper truck driving licensure, perform regular maintenance as required by law, properly load the truck, and more. The semi-truck accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth can review the details of your crash and evaluate its causes.
- Take your case to court or settle your case outside of court. Not all cases need to go to trial especially if you have a lawyer on your side to write strong demand letters and work with all parties. But if you cannot settle your case with insurers outside of court, the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth can help you file a claim and pursue litigation if needed.
- Build a strong case. The truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth can look at all angles of your case, speak to witnesses, gather evidence, and help you with your case every step of the way. Truck companies may have the money to hire their own lawyers. The best way to protect yourself and your family is to hire a lawyer to represent your needs. Our firm can defend you against claims of negligence and build a case to show negligence.
These are just some of the ways a truck accident lawyer can help you. Every case is unique and truck accident claims can be complex. While it is understandable that you’ll want to do research about your rights online, nothing can help you like a lawyer can. Reach out to the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth, a truck accident lawyer in Chula Vista, California today to learn more about how we can help you.